Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Crossing things off my christmas list :]

Hola! I just got back from class and on the way home stopped and was able to begin to cross stuff off my Christmas list for my friends and family! Qué Guay!! (How cool ja ja) 
So, with the beginning of the new week, I've started to fall into a pattern of how the day goes. Wake up, class 10-1, walk home lunch at 2, relax  until 4 or so, meet up and run errands(for instance yesterday I went to Corte Ingles with mark to buy a razor) come back and eat dinner then go out(last night hung out in the Plaza, and went to little bars (casetas) with tapas that they specialize in and ate some of those :].  My favorite was lamb on bread with this cheese sauce! mmmmmm
Now Im back from class, and waiting on lunch. Blogging, uploading, reading and possibly napping are on my list for this afternoon before we all have to meet and get our pictures taken for our school ids. A group of us are going out for dinner at a tapas bar and today marks the begging of the Feria de Salamanca!!! So there's going to be flamenco in the plaza and music and all these awesome festivities! Tomorrow there is a parade throughout Salamanca (we don't have class) so Im really excited for that :)  So many pictures to come!!! :) :)
So, Im having a great time, getting to know the city, interacting with the people all the things that being in a new culture brings! it's such an amazing experience and Im so happy I have this great opportunity.
Everything can't be perfect though... it's nothing bad, but my madre is not a good cook, not at all. Sometimes she's not here for dinner due to her job, so her daughters make lunch and dinner. For instance yesterday, I had pasta with ketchup and tuna. The ketchup was cold the tuna was hot. Needless to say I was a good sport and ate some, but if you know me I can not stand condiments, so I just let her know I wasn't that hungry... I ended up getting a tortilla bocadillo, it was a huge sandwich, I'll have mark upload the picture. So, if I have one complaint, and its not really a complaint, its my madre's cooking. But its not all bad, last night I had fish and it was good, not too greasy like other meats she's cooked, so yeah. ja ja
Well, I think lunch is going to be soon, at least I hope it is because Im hungry!!! More pictures to come on facebook so check it out!
Hasta luego

1 comment:

  1. Zandra,

    So glad to hear that you're having a good time!

    As far as your Madre's cooking goes, it sounds like she's trying to make you American food. Maybe tell her (even if it's not true) how much you enjoy cooking back home, and that you like to share recipes with other people who cook, and give her some recipes of things you like. Also, you could try to express to her how much you've enjoyed spanish food!

    Good luck!!

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete